Front Line Sales Leadership
Coaching Program Produces $2.7M in New Revenue
The client deployed organization-wide sales methodology (customer conversation model). The model relied heavily on front line coaching to drive sales performance. Since deployment, the time devoted to front line coaching eroded and performance suffered.
Target teams improved overall selling efficiency (units per 1,000 calls) by 5%
The Business Challenge
The call centers targeted for improvement totaled 40+ sales supervisors and 400+ sales reps. A total of 14 sales supervisors (across three different call centers) were targeted for a refresh of the selling model and individualized leadership development over a 90-day period.
Driving Value for the Client
Supervisor/Agent Coaching Observations: GrowthPlay observed each supervisor and provided individual coaching to multiple sales reps. The goal was to gauge coaching styles and technique to baseline development effort.
- Supervisor/Agent Coaching Observations: GrowthPlay observed each supervisor and provided individual coaching to multiple sales reps. The goal was to gauge coaching styles and technique to baseline development effort.
- Supervisor Workshops: GrowthPlay regularly hosted all supervisors from each location in groups to discuss outlook on their teams, their coaching ability, obstacles, etc. The goal was to understand common challenges and identify best practices for engaging agents.
- Structure and Materials for Team Meetings & Coaching: Reestablish a schedule of team meetings that was realistic given the scheduling demands. GrowthPlay provided each supervisor with materials to focus on specific skill development. Observed each supervisor hosting their team meetings and provided coaching on their approach (facilitating self-discovery, building on rep strengths, addressing challenges in collaborative fashion).
- Sales Rep Development Plans: GrowthPlay worked with each supervisor to identify strengths/weaknesses for each rep. Observed interactions with reps to see how well supervisor highlighted both positives and negatives. Provided coaching to supervisor for further improvement.
- Target teams improved overall selling efficiency (units per 1,000 calls) by 5% compared to the control group.
- $2.7M improvement in annual recurring revenue efficiency.
Let’s Build Your
Roadmap to Success
- Discover the highest value sales activities you can improve on today to make an immediate impact tomorrow.
- Define the DNA of your perfect sellers. Then hire ten more just like them and uncover how you can grow them and keep them.
- Identify what makes up that “perfect sell” in your company and how you can empower your sales team to win more of them.